Vegan Carrot & Orange Instant Pot Cake
Carrot and Orange Cake, cooked in a pressure cooker topped with date and cashew cream. This has no added sugar just sweetened with dates and using avocado instead of oil.
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time15 min
- 1 1/2 cups Rye flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed, plus 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1 large or 2 Medium avocado (Or 1/4 cup of vegetable oil)
- 2 teaspoon Orange or vanilla Essence
- 3 Medium carrots shredded
- 1 cup Dates chopped small pieces
- Juice of Orange
- 100g cashews (soaked)
- 100g chopped dates plus 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange essence
- Orange rind
Prepare Instant Pot
Place 1 1/2 cups of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot and place rack in it to keep the pan above the water.
I have a silicone cake mould that fits on the rack.
Grate carrots, chop the dates and measure out all the other ingredients and mix in a food processor.
Pop the mix into the silicone mould. Cover with foil to seal the cake away from the water.
Place on to the rack in your Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 50 minutes.
Once finished take out and let cool.
Boil the kettle, place cashews in a bowl and cover with the water to soak.
Pop the dates into a bowl and cover with boiling water about 1/2 cup.
Let soak until cake clicks off
Drain the cashews and add the dates along with the water into a nutri bullet.
Also add some orange essence and some fresh orange rind.
Blitz together until creamy.
Once the cake has cooled place the creamy icing on the top and serve.