Parsnip and Lentil Stew
Yummy even top it off with some mash potato.
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time40 min
- Total Time50 min
- 300g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 500g parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 2 onions
- 1 Leek
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red lentils, rinsed
- x2 tins kidney beans (one can be in chilli sauce)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. coriander (fresh)
- 1 bay leaf
- 600 ml. bouillon/ vegetable stock
Preparing the spices
Chop onions and garlic lightly fry
Peel and chop into chunks carrots, parsnip and leeks and add to the pan.
Wash lentils then add to the pot with the stock, tomatoes, kidney beans and spices.
I pop into instapot, pressure cooker for about 20 minutes.
Also cook in a slow cooker .
Can be served topped with mashed potato and veg, or chunky bread.