Vegan Nut Roast
Lentils, chestnut mushrooms
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time50 min
- Total Time1 hr 5 min
- 100g Red Lentils
- Bay Leaf / Sage / Thyme for Bouillon
- 350ml Vegan Organic Bouillon (Marigold)
- 50g Sun-dried tomatoes
- Tomato Puree
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped Finely
- 2 sticks celery, Chopped Finely
- 4 garlic cloves, Chopped Finely
- 200g Chestnut Mushrooms, Chopped Finely
- 1 red pepper, halved, deseeded and Chopped Finely
- 1 Large Carrot, Grated
- Butternut Squash
- Porcini Mushrooms
- 50g dried apricots, chopped
- Organic Porridge Oats ground to flour
- 200g mixed nuts, chopped ( walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts,cashews, almonds, pistachio roughly chopped) Extra for topping)
- 50g mixed seeds ( sunflower seeds and pumpkin sees)
- 1 ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Liquid Smoke
- tomato puree
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
Preparing the spices
Turn on oven and preheat the oven to 180C/ fan 160C/ gas 4 and line 1.5 litre loaf tin with parchment paper.
Pop the lentils, bouillon, bay leaf, Sage and Thyme into a pan and boil to cooked and absorbed a the mositsure.
Peel and chop onion, carrot, celery, garlic, mushrooms, pepper and butternut squash.
I put all the vegetables in a food processor on the grater setting to chop small and quickly.
Put the vegetables into a frying pan to start cooking.
Adding herbs, tomatoes puree, sun-dried tomatoes, soy sauce and liquid smoke.
Once cooked set aside to allow to cool down.
Put organic porridge oats into a food processor to make flour.
Once cool use the oat flour to absorb the moisture by mixing throughout.
Now add the chopped nuts and sets, apricots and cranberries and mix through the mixture.
Always nice to leave full whole nuts and seeds to put on the top
Place the mixture into a tin to cook
Cover with foil and bake for the first 40 mins, then remove the foil and bake for a further 20 mins until firm when pressed gently.